Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A couple quick notes

The garden is finally doing something, we should see the first zuchini shortly and cucumber before the long weekend.    Beans and peas?  Still ages away.   Things have been growing very, very slowly.

We managed about 3 pounds of strawberries from our own plants, the bed is expanding, but the soil is not very good.  I need to add a lot of compost to boost that soil.

Meanwhile, my current food obsessions:

Squash Ravioli with a beurre blanc - I get the pasta from Costco and it is good stuff, the sauce is what makes
Basmati rice cooked in a veg/chicken stock then finished by frying with the onions, jalapeƱos and shrimp.

I remind people again, we will be getting some liquid nitrogen in the near future to try some cooking experiments, this will likely be the second weekend in August, let me know if you are interested in joining us.

No comments: