Thursday, October 21, 2010

McRae's

What can I say about McRae's?   Meh is about it.   I had hopes for something good here, but what I got was a non-chain White Spot/Applebee's sort of place.

The menu was nothing to be excited about, the decor was a bit odd with one wall reminding me of Big Bad John's.  I had an $11 chicken burrito that did not measure up to Cafe MexiGo where I could have had the same thing for a lot less.

I know a lot of people were hoping for something more upscale because in that whole area of the city east of Quadra and north of Hillside there are basically no decent restaurants

So what are they trying to do?  I think they may be looking at trying to be a quasi pub for the area and focus on pub snacks and beer.

I really doubt that I will be going back anytime, I may end up there sometime if someone suggests going there for beers.

Bard and Banker on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

unclespeedo said...

I like the $5 pints of beer

Anonymous said...

I recommend this place- good food, nice chicks