Thursday, January 13, 2011

A few random things

I was looking a cooking blog from Catherine von Schulmann in Moscow, she is married to my 8th cousin Michael, we Schulmanns connect over the centuries.  She had a post about the Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker.   I am dubious.  I have never seen anything like it and wonder how well it works, but Catherine seems to think it works well

Похож на большую полупрозрачную матрешку, красненький такой. Несмотря на игрушечную наружность, таки работает - пока опробовала на изготовлении смеси корицы-гвоздики-бадьяна для ароматизации сладкого кускуса с изюмом.


Quick translation, looks like a toy but it works, she has used in on cinnamon, clove and anise.   


It works by putting your stuff inside the shaker, putting in a ceramic ball, screwing on the second half and then shaking.   I assume the ceramic ball grinds and crushes whatever is in the shaker.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sheila had lunch with his sister at Devour today, I still have not managed to get there.   I did get pointed in the direction of a blog dedicated to Devour called I Heart Devour Food.   The pictures makes my mouth water.  I have really got to get there.





Devour on Urbanspoon

No comments: