Monday, February 28, 2011

Puerto Vallarta Amigos - go eat there!

I finally got a chance to get some food here and I was impressed. This is honestly the best Mexican food I have ever eaten.  They have a food truck that they park at Yates and Wharf street.  Since I am driving by during non meal times, I have not had a reason stop.   But today I had a noon time thing with Shaw and was passing by at 12:30 so I pulled in and order some of their tacos.

For $6 you get six small corn tacos filled with your choice of six different fillings.    The beef barbacao was stunning.   The milder green hot sauce has some punch but is not overly hot and not overly vinegary.  The chicken and pulled pork were also very good.   All the fillings were full of flavour, well seasoned but not heavy at all.

The amount of food you get served is enough to fill me for a lunch and the price is a great deal for what you get.

This is a case where I can not do something this good at home.  I wish I could but it is not about to happen anytime soon.


Puerto Vallarta Amigos on Urbanspoon

No comments: